RELAX AND RESET IN THE HUNTER
3 day / 2 night - best of coast & country itinerary
Self-drive itinerary – transport and cost for all activities not included. Please contact us for a quotation for the Hunter Valley portion of the itinerary below
Day 1 – Sydney-Hunter Valley (+2 hour drive)
- 8.30am Depart Sydney for Hunter Valley in your car – Motorway all the way!
- 9.30am A short divert off the highway you will arrive at Pearls of Australia. Choose from many experiences including an Oyster Tasting - discover the individual characteristics of the local Sydney Rock Oyster, the creamy Pacific Oyster and their very own seafood treasure, the Akoya pearl oyster this a guided tasting and shucking demonstration or Cruise the scenic waters of the Hawkesbury River on an Oyster Farm cruise. You can also immerse yourself in the secrets of pearl cultivation from seeding to harvest and step inside their Pearl Grading room to experience the journey of a pearl post-harvest through to preparation for jewellery product.
- 11am Get back on the highway to the earliest winery region in Australia with vines planted in the year of 1825.
- 12:30 Arrive at Hunter Valley Resort and have a little rest. The Hunter Valley Resort has the largest winery in Hunter Region.
- 13:00 Enjoy lunch in 4 Pines at the Farm at your leisure with a wonderful menu selection and country views
- 14:00 Visit Hunter Valley Wine Theatre (15mins). Watch and learn the basic processes of making wine – from grape to bottle. Taste different types of Australian wine (15mins), and get a hands-on experience.
- 15:00 Time for rest – relax, explore and enjoy the facilities in the Hunter Valley Resort, you can visit the Brewery, souvenir shops, bike riding, visit local wineries and cheese factory, segway, horse riding, enjoy a relaxing massage in Hunter Valley Heaven Massage Centre, take a carriage ride, play tennis, swimming….
- 18:00 Enjoy optional dinner at 4 Pines at the Farm.
Day 2 – Hunter Valley
Rise early for an experience of a lifetime with multi-award winning Balloon Aloft. Take in views of the picturesque wine regions of Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury or Broke. Balloon flights last approximately one hour and are followed by a delicious gourmet breakfast and champagne celebration at the famous Peterson House winery and Restaurant.
- 10.00 Back to the Hunter Valley Resort for a tour of the onsite vineyard followed by a wine tasting with the resort’s Cellarmaster.
- 12.00 Explore the Hunter Valley Wine Country. So much to do…... Optionally see the Hunter Valley Gardens, Cheese factories, chocolate company, Distillery, shopping, 140 wineries to visit!
- 15:00 Time for rest – relax, explore and enjoy the facilities in the Hunter Valley Resort
- 18:00 Enjoy optional dinner at 4 Pines at the Farm
Day 3 – Hunter Valley – Port Stephens – Return to Sydney
- 07:30 Enjoy a breakfast in Hunter Valley Resort + Farm.
- 09:30 Head to Australia’s heaven of natural playground and exploration—Port Stephens (+1 hour drive) – contact Port Stephen tourism for quotation
- 10:30 Arrive at Oakvale Wildlife Park where you will get up close and personal to See, Touch & Feel a variety of animals, with lots of activities. Have your photo taken with a Koala!
Go on a Dolphin watch with Moonshadow Cruise, which has the largest cruises in Port Stephens. Approximately 150 wild bottlenose dolphins live in Port Stephens, and this makes them the Capital of Dolphin in Australia.
- 12:00 Enjoy a delicious lunch and wine/beer tasting at Bfarm Port Stephens. Set in a private estate amongst the vines of Port Stephens. Bfarm offers an onsite brewery distillery, winery cellar door and large range of dining experiences and lovely gardens.
- 13:30 Arrive at Irukandji Shark & Ray Experience, a brilliant interactive aquarium built in 2020. Irukandji has a mission to inspire, change and stives to inspire guests through marine education & conservation awareness. By removing the glass seen in traditional aquariums, guests are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to face their fears through touch & learn all about the oceans misunderstood marine predators.
- 15.30 Depart and return to Sydney to check in at your Sydney hotel at approx. 3 hours’ drive.